We undertake projects where we can enhance and protect the area.
We endeavour to seek funding through Elmbridge Borough Council and Surrey County Council and other agencies when we can but some projects we can only do with the generous support of local residents and businesses in the form of donations or their time. Our main fund raising event is Cobham Heritage Day which takes place in early September each year.
Thanks to the generosity of our members, the public, local businesses and other organisations we have completed a number of small and large projects including:-
- Installation of "Blue Plaques" celebrating places of local significance.
- Maintained and enhanced the riverside path from the Tilt to the Mill.
- Refurbished with the support of other groups, the Avenue of Remembrance, the cherry trees on the Tilt, and erected a granite plinth listing the WWII servicemen it commemorates.
- Major project to refurbish the Riverhill area by the river Mole.
- Erected a Cobham Village sign at Riverhill.
More details of our Projects can be found via the Projects sub-menu.